Hello friends! Today I am sharing with you my entry for the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #59 Something See Through. I have always enjoyed the look of see through cards whether it would be with the use of vellum, or acetate. I think it gives a different look to an everyday card. So, I thought about how I would create something for this challenge, and I immediately thought of my favorite Lawn Fawn set EVER, which is Our Friendship Grows. I will be super sad if Lawn Fawn ever retired this set, and I would forgive them if they created a new version! HAHA
I just love sunflowers, and the thought of my favorite stamp company no longer having a sunflower set, well, it would be a sad time in my craft room for sure!! OK- back to the card, and how I created it. I thought of these beautiful sunflowers and thinking how cool it would be to create for my see through element, a vellum vase or jar for my sunflowers. So, I used the die for the vase from How You Bean and die cut a piece of vellum. From there, I stamped out my flowers with some Copic friendly ink, and colored my sunflowers with my Copic Markers, and once I was complete, I used the matching dies to cut my flowers, and leaves. For the stems, since they are so skinny, the easiest thing for me to do was use the lined image for the stem, stamp it down onto some light green card stock, and trim them out with my scissors. It was actually pretty simple to do.
Next, I wanted to add the look of water to my vase/or jar, so I use two colors of blue Copic Markers and colored the back of my vellum and just moving my markers in a sweeping motion to add texture to the water. I also added a bit of dimension around the edge of the vase/jar with a light gray Copic Marker, to add the glass look.
To put my card together, I added a piece of Perfectly Plaid Rainbow patterned paper to the bottom of my white card base to create a ground for my arrangement of flowers, and then I added liquid adhesive to my stems after getting the placement down first of where I needed them to be. Then, I added my vellum piece by adding a thin bead of liquid adhesive around the edges and smoothing it out with my finger, and you really can't even tell there was glue applied. Adding that gray marker around the edges also helps to disguise the glue. Then, I added some foam adhesive to my sunflowers to pop them off of the card and added my leaves where I thought they'd look nice.
For some final details, I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter brush to the middle of my sunflowers, and added a hand drawn detail around the card for a frame. I also stamped out my sentiment from the same Our Friendship Grows stamp set with Peacock Lawn Fawn ink.
I really didn't take too long to put this card together, once I had a plan in my head. Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the latest challenge, and play along!
Wow! This is so pretty!!!ReplyDelete
Get DLF Share price detailed and news for your profit.ReplyDelete
Very Good Blog . The way of presenting is superb.ReplyDelete
Can nicely write on similar topics! Welcome to here you'll find out how it should look. Satta king gameReplyDelete
I am very interested in your articles,ReplyDelete
I hope to read more of your articles in the future,
you can also visit the articles, I hope we can learn from each other